Friday Dec 19, 2014

BBRC Holiday Celebration

Wendi Fischer

President Bellevue Breakfast Rotary

Logged In =

Create =

Manage =

Wendi Fischer is BBRC President for 2014-15 and will lead the holiday cheer!

Club Business

Wendi Fischer called the meeting to order at 7:40am.  Morris Kremen gave the invocation reminding us to be thankful for all that brings us joy and introduced visiting Rotarians.  Wendi presented a holiday bonus to the staff members of Glendale Country Club who have supported us week after week for many years.   Wendi also thanked Carmela Ramaglia, John Dewater and Chris Ballard for planning our Christmas party and Kim Dreiblatt for being such a sweet and reliable Club Administrator.

Gingerbread Making Contest

While Josh Stewart entertained us with Jingle Bells, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and White Christmas at the piano, each table started making their gingerbread houses.  In most cases, the kids at the table led the charge although there was one table where the adults were intent on building the most decorative gingerbread house.   More than one gingerbread home imploded due to lack of mortar, but in the end, there were many works of gingerbread art created.   I never realized gingerbread house-building was such a serious business!


1. Our next meeting is on January 9 at  Tibbett’s Creek Manor in Issaquah.

2.  Wendi thanked 85% of BBRC members who have donated to The Rotary Foundation this year and urged the remaining 15% to get with it.

3.  Wendi announced that John Martinka’s district grant for the Computers of the World project had been funded after a long and arduous process.  Congratulations, John!

Holiday Sing-Along Finale

Wendi invited the kids to come up and sing along with Josh as he brilliantly showcased his piano-playing talent.  Steve Goldfarb was the lead singer of The Dreidel Song, which was written by his grandfather:

I have a little dreidel.  I made it out of clay.

And when it’s dry and ready, then dreidel I shall play.
Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay.
Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, then dreidel I shall play.

The Dreidel Song was followed by the theme song from Frozen.

Thought for the Week

He stared down at Whoville! The Grinch popped his eyes!
Then he shook! What he saw was a shocking surprise!
Every Who down in Whoville, the tall and the small,
Was singing! Without any presents at all!
He HADN’T stopped Christmas from coming! IT CAME!
Somehow or other, it came just the same!
And the Grinch, with his grinch-feet ice-cold in the snow,
Stood puzzling and puzzling: “How could it be so?”
“It came with out ribbons! It came without tags!”
“It came without packages, boxes or bags!”
And he puzzled three hours, till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before!
“Maybe Christmas,” he thought, “doesn’t come from a store.”
“Maybe Christmas…perhaps…means a little bit more!”  – Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas


About the Speaker

Wendi will be the Emcee for the holiday celebration!